It’s essential to maintain good oral health. There are a lot of incorrect beliefs and practices related to oral and dental health which has a negative impact on dental health.
Some of these erroneous beliefs:
1) Many believe it is better to wash their teeth with a hard brush rather than a gentle brush. This is incorrect since the use of brush leads to erosion of tooth enamel from the necks of the teeth and resulting in roughness of the surface of their teeth as well as vulnerability of the sensitive layer of the teeth and receding gums sort the roots. It’s better to use a soft brush and toothpaste and adhere to a nice healthy way to clean your teeth.
2) Many consider that if you notice bleeding gums while brushing your teeth, the teeth should not be cleaned. That is incorrect because the bleeding gums is your first indication of inflammation resulting from inadequate cleaning. And should you refrain from brushing your teeth which can lead to the accumulation of germ layer and, thus, more illnesses and scents. You should visit your dentist to prevent the corrosion of your teeth scenario.
3) Many believe that the non-replacement of missing teeth does not influence the remaining teeth or oral health. That is wrong because leaving the distance made by the extraction leads to a failure of occlusion and also the motion of the adjacent and the opposed teeth to fill the space which causes the periodontal pockets, spaces between teeth, the forward motion of the front teeth and sore jaw joint. You must replace your missing teeth as soon as possible in order to prevent those effects.
4) Many consider that the use of teeth to open cans of soft drinks or split the hard things is a testament to its durability and hardness. That is wrong because the usage of teeth for these functions, lead to cracks in the tooth and vulnerability, which raises the probability of your teeth to be chipped or chipped or even lose them, especially if the teeth are covered with crowns or porcelain object, or has root canal therapy thereby increasing their vulnerability to break. Home | Antigonish Family Dentistry
5) Many consider that the use of teeth whitening products sold in the shops save money and effort. These products May result in some teeth whitening but their efficacy won’t reach up to all those utilized by dentists because the products sold in stores has reduced concentrations so as to prevent damage from abuse by the user. Therefore, teeth whitening when performed by the doctor gives better results and it is much faster, especially using laser plasma or light. It’s also safer and also the color resulting from the bleaching is better and lasts longer.
6) Many consider that leaving a bottle of breast-feeding at the kid mouth during sleep has a calming influence on the kid. That is wrong, the problem is that nearly all milk products include sugars that cause tooth decay, also to possess the teeth immersed in milk for long periods of time that will introduce it to germs and thus decay. The procedure for sucking for quite a while will reflect effects on the growth of the upper jaw.
7) Many consider that wooden rods are useful to clean food from between the teeth. That is incorrect; the bad use of wooden rods contributes to erosion of the teeth and hurt gums. The wooden sticks shouldn’t be utilised in the event of the teeth contact and gums fill the distance between them. In the event of areas involving the teeth or gums, you can then make use of the wooden sticks, but with caution, differently dental floss has to be used to clean the spaces between the teeth.
8) Many believe it is normal for the expectant girl to shed her teeth together with the arrival of every child. That is incorrect, the reversal of hormones during pregnancy can make the teeth and gums more susceptible to infections and tooth decay. If the pregnant girl teeth and gum are healthy and do not suffer from infections, or decay, she will not experience problems during pregnancy. So, the woman who’s likely to have kids should take care of the health of her teeth, have them cleaned occasionally at the doctor office prior to pregnancy. The different hormones in that interval might worsen the gingival inflammation, raising the chance of teeth loss. She must also eat healthy meals while pregnant and take the vitamins necessary to keep the essential calcium amount for healthy teeth and bones.
9) Many believe that the tooth (baby teeth) don’t have to be cleaned or checked at the dentist since it will be replaced by permanent teeth. That is incorrect; the deciduous teeth have to be cleaned and checked periodically in the dentist between the age of five and two. You should urge kids to clean their teeth from a young age, cleaning method at this point doesn’t matter, what’s important is for your kid to get accustomed to the usage of a toothbrush. Together with the growth of child the family should make an effort to correct the child cleaning procedure, but it should be accomplished gradually, it’s normal that the child swallows a small quantity of toothpaste; thus, particular toothpaste for children ought to be used since they contain less fluoride and doesn’t pose a danger to child health.
Neglect of these things will cause teeth decay and lead to abscesses and infections in the teeth , causing the child pain and issues that might have been avoided easily. The premature loss of deciduous teeth trigger an imbalance from the gum and affect the correct pronunciation, and contribute to the reduction of spaces for the growth of permanent teeth and cause overlapping and competing with the permanent teeth.
To keep healthy teeth you should go to your dentist every six weeks to examine gums, teeth, and get your teeth cleaned if necessary with fluoride application to increase your teeth immunity to decay because your teeth are created to remain for life.